Our experienced female Gynaecologists have a broad and complimentary skill-set, and are able to provide a wide range of gynaecological services. These include both gynaecological consultations in our practice rooms and gynaecological surgical services if required:
- Contraceptive advice, choice and prescriptions.
- IUD (intrauterine contraceptive device) insertion, such as the hormone-releasing Mirena® or traditional copper IUDs.
- Insertion of contraceptive implants, such as the Implanon®.
- Well women checks, including PAP smears.
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Investigation and management of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
- Management of heavy menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia).
- Management of menopause.
- Investigation and management of pelvic pain, including endometriosis.
- Investigation and management of ovarian cysts and fimbrial cysts.
- Investigation of infertility.
- Ovulation induction
- Investigation and management of recurrent miscarriage.
- Investigation and management of uterine fibroids.
- Investigation of post-menopausal bleeding.
- Management of prolapse, and investigation and management of urinary incontinence.
- Vulval disorders.
- Sexual health.
A TasOGS Obstetrician and Gynaecologist will refer you to a gynae-oncology sub-specialist if you require investigation and management of PAP smear abnormalities.
At TasOGS our gynaecologists provide the following services in our rooms:
- Gynaecological ultrasound.
- Insertion and removal of IUDs.
- Insertion and removal of Implanon® contraceptive implants.
- Insertion of hormonal implants.
- Endometrial biopsy.
TasOGS gynaecologists operate at Hobart Private Hospital. The surgical procedures performed include:
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy.
- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy.
- Vaginal, abdominal and laparoscopic hysterectomies.
- Novasure® endometrial ablation for menorrhagia.
- Pelvic floor prolapse surgery.
- Mid-urethral tape procedure for urinary incontinence.
- Prophylactic bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (BSO) for women at high risk of ovarian or breast cancer (eg. carriers of BRCA gene mutation).
- Excision of Bartholin cysts and vulval lesions.
- Medically-indicated labioplasty.
During your post-operative stay at Hobart Private Hospital you will be reviewed each day by one of the TasOGS Gynaecologists. Follow-up appointments will be made at discharge for review by your Gynaecologist in the TasOGS rooms.