Our experienced Women's Health GPs have a broad and complimentary skill-set, and are able to provide a wide range of women's health services.
These include both gynaecological consultations and simple procedures in our practice rooms:
- Contraceptive advice, choice and prescriptions.
- IUD (intrauterine contraceptive device) insertion, such as the hormone-releasing Mirena® or traditional copper IUDs.
- Insertion of contraceptive implants, such as the Implanon®.
- Well Women Checks, including PAP smears & Cervical Screening Tests (CSTs).
- Screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Initial investigation and management of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
- Initial reviews of heavy menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia).
- Management of menopause.
- Initial review of pelvic pain, including endometriosis.
- Investigation and management of recurrent miscarriage.
- Initial reviews of post-menopausal bleeding.
- Sexual health.
- Women's mental health and mental health plans.
- Pregnancy planning and pregnancy travel advice.
A TasOGS Women's Health GP will consult with or refer you to a specialist Obstetrician/Gynaecologist if you require more specialist input. Our own TasOGS' specialist Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Dr Kirsten Connan, is on-site and immediately available to confer with your Women's Health GP if specialist expertise is required.
At TasOGS our Women's Health GPs can provide the following minor procedures in our rooms:
- Gynaecological ultrasound.
- Insertion and removal of IUDs.
- Insertion and removal of Implanon® contraceptive implants.
- Insertion of hormonal implants.